Monday, June 6, 2011

The Sickness Gets a Production Blog!

It's the movie's first blog! It's the filmmaker's first blog!

This was a big weekend.

Friday, I was working so I had my adorable fiancee buy the track suit for the movie poster at a store in the mall which shall remain unnamed. We kept the receipt.

Saturday, she got all gussied up and we took the photos. I sent them to our lovely and talented makeup artist/graphic designer Cris Alex.

Sunday I received the first version of the poster. Here's the first version. Pretty damn impressive right out of the gate if you ask me:

sicknessposter

After a quick tinkering with fonts and dimensions we came up with something I think is pretty great.

After doing a dance of joy, I drove to Pasadena, Ca where the cozy Mahlberg Studios is located. Mr. Mahlberg and myself decided to ditch the original Kickstarter video where I sweat and flub my lines in front of the camera for 5 minutes. We went with what you now see. Friendly. Intimate. Seductive. Or so I hope. I can't tell if I was being funny or just plain creepy. I guess I'll find out when we go live.

No comments:

Post a Comment